Thread: Ground Cuckoo-shrike

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ground Cuckoo-shrike

Attached Images Attached Images

This is an uncommon bird that was a hoodoo for me, until recently. As happens all too often, no longer had I broken my duck, I saw them each day for the following 4 days on a recent trip to Lake Cargelligo, in Central NSW.
    1Dmk3 500 F4 2x ISO 400 1/500 F8

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

First time I see this species Nevil, really nice looking bird. I like the pose of the bird, the inquisitive eye and the perch a lot. Too bad that the tail is in not good shape.
    The effect of the 2X teleconverter (chromatic aberration) is very noticeable in the edges of the left side, in the form of a cyan/blue halo. It is very easy to fix during the RAW conversion

Rob Drummond

Hoodoo for you? Hoodoo for every bloody bird photographer in Australia! Great effort Nevil - lovely light and I like the inquisitive look.
    Will get in touch with Dave tonight.

cheers
    Rob

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the light, stare and curious pose and wish for a less steep angle. You could try to tone down the whites a tad and run NR on the BG. It looks as if there are a few clone marks.

Ofer Levy

Lovely shot Nevil! Shooting angle looks great to me and my aging eyes fail to see any clone marks....

Nate Chappell

Great eye contact, I would imagine this is a tough bird to get out in the open, congrats!