Thread: Fall in the Smokies

Phil Ginn

Default Fall in the Smokies

We are attempting to select a few images for our upcoming local photography contest. We would like to post a few to see what we may be missing in our processing and to receive some input on which maybe the best images.

This image was taken on our fall trip to the Smokies. The wind was blowing very hard and we had to increase our ISO pretty high to try to minimize the camera shake. A larger image can be seen on our website at http://www.ourphotographicjourneys.c...0Panoramas.htm

It is a merged photograph from seven images taken at 10mm, f22, ISO1600, 0.3 seconds. Thanks for looking.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Is 10mm a typo???
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Robert Amoruso

Phil,

I think that the processing looks good and the compositional was well thought out. I like the flow from the top left to the middle/fore ground and then out the right. Only thing I would have suggested in the composition is a bot more of the FG rock at the bottom to ground the image more. A pano was the right choise here.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, I see so many little falls to photograph in this image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Phil, Well composed image with a shutter speed that captured detail in the water. Beautiful color on top and a good low angle. Agree with Robert regarding seeing a bit more of the rock foreground. Good eye!

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Phil,
    Can't add much....maybe a hair more as Robert suggested but the curve and flow anre very nicely handled!