Thread: ViVeza/ExpoDisc

Alan PAine

ViVeza/ExpoDisc

Hello,

Recently went to a presentation in Chicago by Adam Jones(Canon Explorer of Light). Some of the gear he discussed was SW called Viveza and the ExpoDisc. While I have heard of both, have never used them. Wondering about peoples thoughts on both sides. Trying to move from "Fooling around" stage to "Serious" with Skills, although some may say seriously demented.......... Just ordered my new PC, so serious or demented is open to debate at the moment. Got myself an AlienWare.

BTW, If you get a chance to see Adam, I would do so. Very good presenter,easy to talk to and very open to silly questions.

Thanks in Advance for any replies,

Alan Paine
    Madison,WI

Axel Hildebrandt

I use Viveza and like it a lot.

ChasMcRae

I use Nik software(includes Viveza) and pleased with it.

Robert Amoruso

I like Vivesa and SIlver Effects pro. Both allow targeted adjustments to certain areas of the image. This alone makes it worth the investment.

BPN Viewer
    Clinton, Connecticut, United States, 06413
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Viveza is really useful for adjustments in localized areas. For example, if a portion of a bird is well lighted, but there is a shadow on one side or under a wing-- then you can brighten up only the shadowed portion easily.
    It provides an equivalent of highlight/shadow that is masked smoothly and easily. There are multiple adjustments of saturation, hue, etc. available, but the the brightness control is particularly useful.