Thread: A Misty Morning In Yellowstone

Judy Lynn Malloch

Default A Misty Morning In Yellowstone

Attached Images Attached Images

This was taken very early in the morning before the mist had a chance to disappear. Love the mood this type of scene presented.

Nikon D300
    Nikon 24 to 70 mm
    ISO 640
    1/200, F14

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !

Ramesh Adkoli

I loved the mood of this image. Diagonals created by the tree lines add to the strength of the image. The turbulence in the water takes away bit from the image; could have used a slower shutter speed to smoothen it, is what i think. TFS.

regards,
    ramesh

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Judy Lynn,
    I do think Ramesh's suggestion on the water smoothing is a very good idea......but since you can't go back until next year to try it......as presented, this has a very nice mood and look to it......while I generally don't like that much FG, it does balance the top of the scene nicely and adds to the serene feel. The layering of fog in the trees and the boudlders is also very nice. My only recommendation is to crop a bit of the chop off the bottom.....just above your signature (navy blues above L in sig)....this helps smooth the water even further and doesn't take away from the oveall mood of the scene

Fabs Forns

I like the mood very much, Judy, I remember that morning as being very foggy :)

Rich Ikerd

Great mood setting image Judy. The diagonals are great and the foreground water nicely balances the sky. The bright sky and the dark foreground also nicely complement one another. As for the water smoothness, I could go either way since with most foggy mornings there is at least some wind.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice photo Judy. Lots of mood and character in it for me. I really like the job you did on the fog. Dave

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roman's sentiments sit well with me. I love your use of layering and the mood here Judy. Blurring the water would have been a big plus.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE