Thread: Honeymoon Island Sunset

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Honeymoon Island Sunset

Attached Images Attached Images

Looking out over the Gulf of Mexico from Honeymoon Island last night, one of those "fiery" sunsets. This was taken a minute or so after the "green flash" when the skies just lit up. It's pretty much as is out of the camera apart from a 1/3 stop boost to exposure and noise reduction. Difficult to know where to crop, but I think it's close, let me know what you think.

Canon 50D with 400mm DO with 1.4x TC F/16, 200 ISO, 1/125 sec
    Last edited by kevinmat; 09-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Kevin,
    Love the colors and I like that you have a nice black silhouette. The boat is placed nicely in the frame but if you have it....just a bit of room below the boat.....placing it on a ROT line......all in all nicely done!

Paul Marcellini

I agree with Roman. All is nicely done, maybe just a touch more sharpening for web. Also, for a shot like this, I think you could have dropped the f-stop for more shutter speed.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pano crop works well. You certainly had a lot of good fire in the sky. You were lucky to see a green flash with all those clouds on the horizon.

Kyle Marie Barcelos

Nice, I really like the clouds and the position of the boat. Beautiful colors also. great job:)