Thread: Water Lily

Roman Kurywczak

Default Water Lily

Attached Images Attached Images

Went to Longwood Gardens in PA today with a few frineds......2+ hours of traffic getting down and 3+ coming back......thought it was going to be a washout as it was pouring this morning but I did get a good chance with the orchids and the numerous water lillies. They add a black dye to the water to make the man made enclosures more pond like.
    Canon 1D Mark 3 with the Sigma 180mmm macro hand held and the mt24 twin lights at 0 and f29 for 1/100 sec. and ISO 800. Bright overcast. The varieties were amazing.

Fabs Forns

That is one stunning Lily!!! The detail in the flower is impressive and great to get the black BG.

Kyle Marie Barcelos

This is beautiful, the colors outstanding, purple is my favorite color, but i love the whole pic. Great job:)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like that you left the other one in the lower corner. Very nice.

Julie Kenward

Black dye in the water? You lucky dog!!! It sure makes for a dramatic presentation.

Only small thought I have for improvement would be to see a bit more of the single leaf on the righthand side. Did you try to bring that up in levels at all?

Roman Kurywczak

Only small thought I have for improvement would be to see a bit more of the single leaf on the righthand side. Did you try to bring that up in levels at all?[/quote]

Hey Jules,
    Not sure why....but I lost a hint of reflection of the bud and some detail in the darker part of the leaf during compression.....usually doesn't happen......will make it brighter a bit next time and see what happens.