Thread: Something Different

Blake Shadle

Default Something Different

Attached Images Attached Images

Ok. Personally, I like this one, but I'll admit it's kinda' wierd ;) This is a macro and a pano, so I chose the pano forum. I made this image out at Eureka Springs botanical garden, near Tampa, FL. This is the underside of a banana tree leaf, the white is the detailess sky.

Shooting Solution
    Camera: Nikon D200
    Lens: Tamron 180mm f/3.5
    Manual Exposure, 1/60 @ f/5.6
    ISO 400, Handheld

Thanks for looking! Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Maxis Gamez

Hey Blake,

I like "abstract" images like this one. Very interesting point of view. I would love to see this one in B&W.

Good eye, BTW!!

Robert Amoruso

Blake,

You have the right elements, the diagonal, the sweeping lines of the plant's leave but it is just not working for me. Perhaps the off-white color on the sky. I copied it into PS and went crazy with Channel Mixer and extreme contrast and turned it into a digital creation but did not post it here - wrong forum.;)

My suggestion is to play with it and create an Out of the Box image.

Blake Shadle

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Amoruso View Post
    Blake,

You have the right elements, the diagonal, the sweeping lines of the plant's leave but it is just not working for me. Perhaps the off-white color on the sky. I copied it into PS and went crazy with Channel Mixer and extreme contrast and turned it into a digital creation but did not post it here - wrong forum.;)

My suggestion is to play with it and create an Out of the Box image.
    Sounds like a plan :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Blake,
    I'm going to have to echo Robert on this one. There's just not enough of the leaf to hold my attention against that oppressive sky.

Blake Shadle

I did some work on it, went the b&w route and think it looks pretty cool. Added some framing to differentiate the image from the site background too. Thanks for the thought guys! I'll try to post it a little later.

Alfred Forns

Actually I would just increase saturation by blending layers Love this image !!!!

Robert O'Toole

Attached Images Attached Images

does this still qualify as a Pano, its really a Dupe stitch, sorry if this is the wrong place, hope you dont mind for the redo Blake.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's a panoramic crop--but I admit it could go anywhere. There have been a number of similarly cropped images that could have been moved here, so I'd say why not--the more the merrier.

Aside from that, it might be a little too funky for me, Robert :)

Blake Shadle

Quote Originally Posted by Robert O'Toole View Post
    does this still qualify as a Pano, its really a Dupe stitch, sorry if this is the wrong place, hope you dont mind for the redo Blake.
    Very cool!