Thread: Jackson Hole Barn in BW

JB Ellis

Default Jackson Hole Barn in BW

Attached Images Attached Images

Wondering about your thoughts on this barn shot on a very cloudy, cold winter day. I thougt it might be appropriate since its over 95 here now. 1200 sec, f7.1, 28 mm. Processed in Elements 6.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the mood here, Jim, and the B&W treatment. I'm trying to decide if I'd like a different crop or not - maybe a little off the bottom? Perhaps a little more depth of field, too.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey JB,
    Agree that it does look a bit soft either due to DOF or just noise from conversion. I would go with a bit off the top......but not too much as the slopes going into the fog/snow is nice.....and explore some off the bottom....above FG bush to a pano. I may bring up the barn a bit....just to increase it's impact on the scene....but an interesting take on an oft photographed barn.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

pleasing composition to me, but I believe Roman's suggestions could improve the image! I would also make some work of making the barn stand out a tad more.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

JB Ellis

I tried the suggestions and chunking the image is probably the best plan. Good excuss for a new trip to Jackson Hole ;-).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good way to look at the situation JB.
    This is always what I say to my wife: I need to go back to try another version...!!!

Jack Graham

J.B.
    Nice.. agree with a little off the top, but the B&W works for me. I've recently begun using Silver Efex Pro from Nic and its great.
    Can't wait to get back there next Dec! Thanks for posting.
    JG