Thread: Lunchtime

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lunchtime

Attached Images Attached Images

This was shot at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm this spring. I was wondering if the crop is too tight?

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated:)

_______
    Cheryl

Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L
    f/7.l, 1/160, ISO 200, -.7EV

Ákos Lumnitzer

I love intimate parent/offspring images like this one Cheryl. I wonder if you took any verticals? I think seeing the parent FF with the chicks positioned where they are would make a great comp all in line with the ROT rules, not that those must be followed at all times. I would crop in more from both sides in this case. THat's my taste though. :) Thanks for sharing.

Ron Boisvert

Cheryl, I agree with Ákos's composition comments; I wish it were a vertical too. I find the OOF bird in the foreground distracting, and suggest that you try using ISO 400, 800, or even higher to increase DOF in situations like this. Keep them coming!!

My 2 cents,

Alfred Forns

Hi Cheryl

Agree with Akos on the vertical comp !! Showing a little more of the adult would be nice .. don't like it ending right on the bend. Just a tad more !! Less room left and right would zero in on the babies !!

With these images you are looking for head angles and with multiples is really hard ... but still applies. Also having the birds close to the same plane sure helps !!! Nice even light, good exposure and sharp on the baby to the right !!!!

Lance Peters

Hi Cheryl - agree with the above comments - tough to get three good HA'S in this setting, do like the action - vertical would have been better for my tastes also.
    Keep them coming :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Cheryl....I too agree with all of the above comments especially the need for a vertical format but as is crop from the two sides. Nice shot!

Gus Cobos

Hi Cheryl,
    I too would go for a vertical crop...love the intimate moment, well captured...looking forward to your next one...:cool: