Sunset in Avon, N.C. sound side.

D3
    f 2.8
    1/60
    24.0-70.0 mm @ 70. mm
    Manual Mode
    No Flash
    ISO 400

I didn't make any changes to the picture. Thought I share to get some feed back, on how to improve with taking pictures with this lens. Almost all of the time I have a 200-400 mm w 1.4 on, and taking pictures of birds. So I would love to hear C and C's. Also any ideas on how to crop this would be great. Thanks for sharing with me. Michelle

William Malacarne

I really like the colors that you have presented. I think it would help if you cut about half of the sky off so as to move the horizon away from the center of the picture.

Bill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

agree with bill on the crop. i would add that there is a dust bunny on the left side in the sky that needs to be evicted and i might get rid of the channel marker too. the horizon needs a little alignment. you got some beautiful colors and i like how the waves kinda take you across the image from right to left.

you are making me a little homesick. i grew up in eastern NC and loved the OBX!!! spent lots of time there and caught tons of fish!!!!!! i hope you worked the lighthouses.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Michelle, Agree with William on the crop.I like the variations in the water also.Looks like it needs a bit of CW rotation.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I would agree, but would also remove the bouy on the right.

It would be nice to have a boat or other similar subject within the frame, but you shot what was there and it is a nice sunset.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great picture and I agree with Mark's comments. Gives the water the depth it needs to drive ones eye into the sunset - good show.

Alfred Forns

Hi Michelle

The main thing to keep in mind for these types is the horizon line You don't want it in the middle, divide the image in thirds and place close to the lower/upper. Its up to you to show more water or sky ... tough choice here since both look good !!!

I think Mark cropped the right to get rid of the navigational marker? which is fine but would have cloned Don't like the image shortened Sort of like the wider ratio !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Techs mentioned Michelle, but the colours are dynamic and the reflection of the pink in the water is beautiful. Looks like a little straightening would improve. Also a lower or higher angle would have eliminated the horizon in the center (guilty too). Sometimes just have to lay flat on the ground to get rid of the horizon dead middle.

Lance Peters

Hi Michelle - techs covered above - all good advice - looking forward to seeing more :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Michelle....I agree with Al about a wider crop

Michelle C. Battista

Thanks every one. I'm going to work on this and repost. Thanks for all the help. Sorry I didn't even see that dust bunny. :eek: Thanks again, Michelle

Gus Cobos

Hi Michelle,
    Excellent color rendition...agree with the techs. and the sound advise given...Mr. Mark's crop example is right on the money...looking forward to your next one...:cool: