Thread: Coot couple

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Coot couple

Attached Images Attached Images

Continuing on the theme of Ron & Wendell's coots...

I think the white lacks a bit of detail, but this was the best I managed with the lighting

400mm f5.6 1/2000 ISO800

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I like this shot, the colours and the sharpness look good. I lightened the shadows a bit and tried a different crop. I hope you don't mind. I think you did well with the whites on the beak, they are not overexposed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like how the two look in the same direction with similar head shape. I also like fuffy feathers of the left one. I don't think the whites are totally blown out, you maybe able to save some here. Wish you had a better sun angle so you don't have a shadow around the neck.

Alfred Forns

Hi Gordon

Can't imagine more difficult birds to expose than these, white part of beak is easy to blow Do like it as presented and got lots of shadow detail Great head angles and all you could have wished for is cleaner water !!! I like the slightly tighter crop ... btw great point on the sun angle !!!!

Lance Peters

Hi Gordon - black and white birds = soft light, you havent done too badly here, Jackies repost works for me.
    Sun angle is the importantt bit of info above.
    Keep em coming:)

Ron Boisvert

Gordon,
    Given your position behind the birds, I can't imagine you doing much better. They are sharp butt to beak, the exposure is good, and their heads seem to be about all you could ask for in terms of position. I like Jackie's repost as well. Onwards and upwards...

Gus Cobos

Hi Gordon,
    I like the capture as is...I like the fact that they are looking in the same direction...with good head angles and sharp eye contact...:cool: