Thread: The Results Of War

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Results Of War

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, as a follow-on to Richard's image, this was shot last summer in Santa Barbara. A group of Iraq war veterans EVERY SUNDAY put out one cross for each death. We stood there for quite some time just looking and feeling.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

This is part of the OP image!
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Very sad Jay. I am really lost for words. :(

Alfred Forns

Moving image Jay !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for sharing Jay. I get very moved when I see these memorials. It's amazing that in every generation we have brave young men willing to give their lives for our freedom. God bless them all.....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Richard, I am not so sure about the emphasis on "willing"! Lots of young men were drafted or conscripted depending upon the generation and where they were located.

The history of man is that in every generation brave young men are killed to support the greed (very broadly defined) of others. At the end of the day war is mainly about I have something you want; or I have something you want others to have.

Ostensibly, the Iraq war was about getting rid of Saddam and creating freedom for someone; however, IMHO oil - black gold - played a large part in the decision making process, as did the participation of the Worlds' corporations in the material support for the "war effort".

Thank you for looking and commenting.
    Cheers, Jay

Gus Cobos

A picture paints a thousand words Jay....this is sad, God bless...:cool:

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You can't imaging how hard it is for a tour guide like me to answer the question ''what do you think about our last president'' referring to Bush...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very impressive and sad.

Let's pray for those who have lost some one in that war...

Alfred Forns

... shouldn't be hard at all Juan :( Joining you in your prayers !!!