Thread: Springtime at Sequoia NP - Ha!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Springtime at Sequoia NP - Ha!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, this is one of my most favorite G9 images! We live in Australia; my brother lives in San Diego. We decided to visit Sequoia and Yosemite following my daughter's graduation from Berkeley Law. From there WE were going onto Alaska for four months; Steve was returning to San Diego. The first two days there we were hiking in shorts and t-shirts; then..........an unseasonable cold snap in the area and four days of snow!!

WE were well prepared since we had our cold weather clothes; my brother and his wife stayed in the Lodge.

Camera: G9
    Capture date/time: 23 May 08; 5:38am
    Light condition: Bloody Cold and Snowing
    Lens: 7.4-44.4
    Focal length: 14.783
    Extender: none
    Tube: none
    Flash/Comp: none
    ISO: 400
    Exp Prog: Av
    Speed: 1/1000 sec
    Aperture: f/3.5
    Exp Comp: 0
    Metering: Evaluative
    WB: Auto
    AF Drive: One Shot
    Tripod: yes - tiny!

All C&Cs gratefully appreciated!
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, I currently do not have an Edit button! I am going to repost this image when my situation is fixed. This image does not have the punch - a bit to much PP! :(
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Gus Cobos

I like this very much Jay...the mood and feel is off the charts...well composed and captured...this is beautiful...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Alfred Forns

Love your vacations Jay !!!!! ... hope you had some warm clothing !!! Great mood !!

Ákos Lumnitzer

Great spot mate, sounds like Tassie. Four seasons in one day.

I don;t think there is an edit button. I haven't one either.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ákos Lumnitzer View Post
    Great spot mate, sounds like Tassie. Four seasons in one day.
    I don;t think there is an edit button. I haven't one either.
    There is an edit button only for the OP; if you look at some of you OPs - this is the only one that didn't have an edit button.
    Cheers, Jay

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting, I have an edit button for every post of mine whether I posted or not - BTW - this has been fixed on all of the other threads. No problem here as everyone seems to like this image - I was going to post one that I thought had a bit more POP.
    Cheers, Jay