Thread: Back Yard Bunting

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Back Yard Bunting

Attached Images Attached Images

I had a lot fun with these birds in my back yard the past couple of years, but this year they are running late.I have not seen one yet.

Canon 20D
    600mm with 2x
    F8.0
    1/30
    Iso 400

All comments are apreciated.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Adam,

Love the colors and composition. The image could be sharper and perhaps a little more room to the right. You did well with the BG and exposure!

Axel Hildebrandt

Attached Images Attached Images

I like this species a lot, especially since I've never seen one. The BG is nice, too. I would apply some selective sharpening and NR on the BG and wish for better eye contact. I hope they will return to your backyard so that you get a chance to make more images of them. Here is a repost:

Gayle Clement

Beautiful capture, Adam. The bit of NR did help. I hope you get other opportunities with this species but I'd be happy with this one.

Raymond Packard

Hi Adam,
    I can't imagine having birds like this in my backyard. saw one with binoculars in Fla, a couple of years ago but it was about a mile away.Love the photo, thanks for sharing.
    Ray
    P.S. I will be in Ft Meyers in March, what is your addrfess

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image, Adam. Wonderful background and good exposure. The repost really shows it off. A neighbor of mine has had one coming to her feeder the past week, so hopefully yours will return, too. (So far, I've not gotten there in time for any good images of my own.)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Axel,
    Thank you for the help, the re post looks nice.I have to learn a lot more of Photoshop.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Raymond,
    If they start showing up on a regular basis I will let you guys know.You are more than welcome to stop by.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Gorgeous image and I love the pose and head turn. The repost is sharper and the eye contact is great. on the repost. Beautiful capture Adams

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man I wish I had these in my yard. I agree the image is soft as presented. I would also add that if you do have a predictable situation with these guys to go for a more interesting perch.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Axel rework,I Iove the colors!!!

Rich Ikerd

Very nice image Adam (slight softness withstanding). Your choice of background is perfect for the bunting.

Jody Melanson

I've yet to see one of the beautiful birds. Nice image, comp, exposure and colours. The rework Axel did does your picture justice.

Rene A

Nice shot Adam. Next time I will bring a PhotoShop for Dummies book to study while we wait for the eagle to land in the nest:) Hope to see you there again next Wednesday.

Renate