Petr Pazour

Default Hummingbird

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon EOS 30D + Canon EF 70-200 / 2.8 L
    ISO 400, 1/125 sec. at f/4
    Monteverde, Costa Rica

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome! Sharp, good exposure, and a lovely back on this hummer. The two biggest problems are the merge of the bill with the stem and the single ugly leaf...

later and love, artie

ps: How far are you from my younger daughter in Bratislave, Slovokia?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Fabs Forns

Big welcome. Petr :)

I should add that I am a lover of your city, that I was fortunate to visit a few years ago and would love to see again...

The first thing that jumps to my eye is the out of focus leaf on the left, a little prominent and distracting. The head angle is not optimal but he is after all, using his bill on the leaf, so I can be OK with that. Depth of field was very shallow, f/4, rendering the body soft, although you did good of focusing on the head.

I would have gone up to iso 800 to get a smaller aperture.

Hope we can make your BPN experience and exciting one and that we'd be able to help you improve your photographic skills :)

Maxis Gamez

HI and welcome!

I have to agree with Artie on this one. I rather see the face in a clean BG. Keep them coming!!