Thread: Horned Grebe

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Horned Grebe

Found 2 feeding at Pine Point in Scarborough, Maine today at sunset. 30D, 500 f4 at 1/1250 at f6.3 - iso160, AF,ME, Aiservo - on BushHawk - Bob

56kb

Alfred Forns

Hi Bob !!! I like the sharpness and excellent dof Prominent eye looks great Bird feels a bit tight in frame would suggest more room and a slight different crop to move the eye out of the middle center Would also suggest to increase the size Makes for a stronger presentation I like it a lot !!!!

joel quenneville

I love this image's soft tones.The bird's red eye, is the first thing that is noticed and focuses attention on the duck. I agree with Al, I would add some more space to the bottom and a little more canvas to the right. Good job.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joel & Al, Great advice on this capture. I have been cropping these Grebes a bit tight because their body color is so drab in winter and the eyes are so RED! I will give those suggestions a try. Thanks, Bob

Rich Ikerd

Great detail in this Bob. And I really love that red eye. I've always found in my limited experience that placing the eye on portraits like this just right of center (for a left facing bird) gives a pleasing composition.