Thread: Who's hunting who

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Who's hunting who

Attached Images Attached Images

There were 5 green herons on this rapidly drying up water hazard this afternoon. Was watching this little guy catch a few fish, then he got very still. Then I saw the water moccasin. The snake finally swam away.

Nikon D300 with 500 f/4 AFS
    1/320, f/4, ISO 250
    SB600 with BB -2.0

Alfred Forns

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Mack Neat potential action

I Like how you were framing the action, any more action?

Did a couple of things, first the horizon is not level. Can use the ruler tool (below eye dropper) draw a line form the eye of the bird to the eye in the reflection, go to image> rotate canvas> arbitrary should do it !!

Lighten the image just a bit with levels, mid slider, then slight contrast adjustment with curves. For these light is important and it was sort of harsh. Can look impressive with clear water !! btw cropped just a bit to more of a pano for making the subjects larger in frame. Could clean some of the sticks running close to head also !!!

Lance Peters

Hi Mack - agree with AL - to my eyes also looks a tad soft. Softer light would definetley of helped as it still looks a bit contrasty due to the harsh light.
    Like the action - AL'S repost improves.

Gus Cobos

Hi Mack,
    I like the inquisitive fellow here...agree with the techs. and the adjustments made...its a sweet capture...:cool: