Thread: Bumble Bee

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bumble Bee

Attached Images Attached Images

Busy as a bee. Taken in the late afternoon sun with 50D, 100/2.8 macro at f/8, 1/350 and ISO400.
    Dave

Julie Kenward

Dave, you did a really nice job on getting the bee in focus and the details are great...love that you got a catchlight in his eye! I do think your composition could be stronger...next time, move around the bee and keep in mind that you want him to be about 75-80% of the frame but you also don't necessarily want him dead center. Also, had you crouched down a little you could have been eye-to-eye with him and that might have been even more stunning.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Julie. These little guys were working away at some small flowers along side our sidewalk and I was laying flat trying to get as close as I could. It seemed if I got too close they would move off. If I get another opportunity I will try without lense hood on and see if I can do a better job of filling frame without cropping. Dave

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Dave, Really nice to get the catchlight! Love the overall color scheme. The Bee looks good with lots of detail-Well done.

Mike Moats

Hey Dave, good details on the subject, good positioning. I think the dof work out well.