Thread: Keep River NP

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Keep River NP

Attached Images Attached Images

The tree on rock out-crop was captued in the Kepp River NP, Northern Territory, Australia.

Canon 10D, Canon 17-40mm lens, F22, Polarizer, natural light, Tripod.
    Last edited by John Cooper; 02-01-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Alfred Forns

Hi John I like that tree and balancing shrub on the right !!! Neat composition Would suggest to back down a bit on saturation Did you get all that from the filter? Also a tad more space above the rock would be great !!! .... just spotted the very left rock .... I think you can park it Its dark and not adding much to the image !!!! Sure like that tree !!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Hi John I like that tree and balancing shrub on the right !!! Neat composition Would suggest to back down a bit on saturation Did you get all that from the filter? Also a tad more space above the rock would be great !!! .... just spotted the very left rock .... I think you can park it Its dark and not adding much to the image !!!! Sure like that tree !!!

Thanks for the comments Al. Yes the colour was the effect of heavy polarization on Velvia. Agree rock at left should disappear! I could add more canvas to give extra room above the rock.

Robert Amoruso

Hi John. Alfred articulated my thoughts as well. and your proposed fixes should do the trick.

I would suggest a reverse "S" curve. Do a curves adjustment but instead of a regular "S" curve, reverse it. Pull the highlights down and the shadows up a bit. Sometimes an anchor point at the midway of the line helps to keep mid-tones stationary.

Thanks for posting.

Robert O'Toole

John, Very nice image I really like the well balanced and interesting composition. You are doing a great job of making me miss OZ so much. I am now in talks with friends about visiting soon, thanks to you :)

This is a perfect candidate for a Psuedo-HDR from a RAW file. Even a 2 or 3 exposure blend would give you excellent results in handling the contrast.

Robert

David Steele

A lovely shot John. I agree with Alfred's observations.