Thread: Downy Woodpecker

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Downy Woodpecker

I like to get out on my lunch hours and visit a couple of different feeding stations that are close by , both the Hairy and Downy woodpeckers and both variety's of Nuthatches allow a close approach here , 20 D w/ 200 F/2.8L , F/8.0 @ 1/500 sec , ISO 400 , Ev Comp 0.33

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just a perfect pose and head angle. The whites on the neck look a bit hot here. My biggest problem is with the dark BKGR stripe just at the end of the bird's beak. With some careful Quick Masking work it could be eliiminated.

All in all, I really like it.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Pose and details are great. I agree that the whites on the neck are borderline hot and the BG is not ideal, the vertical line as well as the lower part.