Thread: cormorant

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default cormorant

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 20D, 70-200 with 2x ext., focal length 400 mm, aperture priority, 1/100 @ f/8, ISO 200. Posted in Hand of Man because these cormorants were perched in man-made canals draining Lake Mattamuskeet, NC, and are conditioned to visitors approaching closely. Some of them don't behave exactly like wild birds.

Dick Boone

Great image, Joel. Clear, sharp, and well exposed. If it were mine, I'd crop it a little tighter to remove some minor distractions around the edges, and I would clone out the other bird as it is brighter than the main subject, which continually pulls my attention to it.

God bless.....Dick :)

Alfred Forns

Joel the front bird looks great Love the feather reproduction Would like to see him further back in the frame For the rear bird do like the idea of having it a lot but not the position I also feel is close to the main subject and taking attention !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

And I've been thinking how lucky I was that the back bird fit so nicely into the crook of the front bird's neck. Shows you what I know.

Okay, I'll try cloning to eliminate distractions, then crop tightly. Think I should clean up the floating mess too? Big job, but it'll look ultra clean.

Learn a little every post. What a site!

Come to think of it, I may have other frames without the out-of-focus bird.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joel
    What I like most is the sharpness and detail of the main bird. A very interesting setting. The second bird does fit in the curve of the neck but is too close. If it were mine I would clone out the second bird but I'd leave the floating sticks. Did you take more images of this scene.....without the second bird.....would be a lot easier than having to clone.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default cleaned up cormorant

Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I have additional frames without a second, background bird, but this is my first post cleaned up. Everyone agreed that the BG bird had to go - and it's gone. So is the floating debris. Makes a cleaner, simpler photo. Thanks to all for advice.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joel
    Oh.......this is excellent. What a little extra work will do to make an image shine. Just remember.....the elements were there to begin with.....you just add a little tender, loving care.