Thread: St. John's Fishing Pier - St. Augustine Beach

Michael Pancier

Default St. John's Fishing Pier - St. Augustine Beach

Attached Images Attached Images

A 3 image HDR of the Pier taken before I headed out to the Alligator Farm a few weeks ago.

50d + 10-22 @ 22mm
    f/18
    ISO 100

Used Photomatix to combine the images.

Robert Amoruso

HDR looks good in this one Michael. Try cropping some off the right and making the image more vertical. The comp of the pier says TALL to me. A vertical would accentuate that and balance the image better IMO.

Michael Pancier

here's a version I did in vertical (this was a vertical shot and not a crop). I'm thinking of cropping some on the side and the bottom on this one. I just like the wave action better on the landscape version....

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

the second one is awesome!! i just like the perspective better.

Rich Ikerd

While the wave action in the first is best, the vertical composition really accentuates the height of the pier. Both are nice, but the vertical one (if you remove a bit of the left and right foreground posts) would be my favorite of the two.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Michael,
    love both as presented and with the crop recommendations. One of your strongest to date and a nice luxury to have with all the crops. I even tried one eliminating the piers entirely in the vert with equal off the bottom and that looked great too. very nicely done!