Thread: Spring Beauuty

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spring Beauuty

Attached Images Attached Images

I shot this at a wide aperture with the intention of keeping the emerging bud soft. Maybe a move to f/5.6 might have kept all the petals sharp, but I actually like the DOF that occurred here. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn.

f/4.5 1/200 ISO 100
    Canon 1D MkII
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    Gitzo CF 1228 tripod
    Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Extremely sharp and nice details. It is a little too shallow in depth of field for my taste. I love the viewing angle of the flower. The unopen bud is the lightest point of the picture and is attracting too much attention.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

John, I like your flower contrasting nicely with the BG. Looks like you have oversharpened and have some jpeg artifacts. I wonder what it would have looked like as a vertical and maybe a little step to the left to maybe make the bud a more integral part of the picture.

Julie Kenward

I agree with the others...the BG definitely shows some artifacts or noise. Did you do any noise reduction? It is nice as presented but that one petal on the right makes me wish for that little bit more DOF. Maybe that step to the left would have done it? Still, you got the center nicely in focus and I love the crisp details of the stamen.