Thread: Pop goes the.....

David Roach

Default Pop goes the.....

Attached Images Attached Images

From another outing with the new extension tubes. I laid on the ground and waited about 5 minutes for this beauty to finally pop up out of the burrow. Made right before sunset at Brian Picollo Park. I like the effect of the OOF grass around this beauty. 1DMKIIN 400DO 1.4xtc 20mm ext.ISO 800 F11@1/800

Robert O'Toole

I like the OOF grass also, and the pose is great.

I would darken the image or use an S curve. On my PC the image lacks a little density, the blacks are grayish black. Also the bird is leaniing to the right a little.

Robert

Jody Melanson

Great head on portrait! I agree the blacks need increasing. The OOF piece of grass on our right, to the right of his left eye is a bit bothersome.

Maxis Gamez

Hi David,

I have to agree. Looks like a heave crop.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great colors, definitely a subject for slight s curve. It is a very nice image. I like the colors.The eyes are striking. It is amazingly sharp for a close-up like this with extension tubes. Your focus point seems to have been at the exact right spot.

David Roach

Thanks for the comments all!!!! I did an S curve; I guess i just didn't adjust quite correctly. Could the very late golden light be the culprit? Yes, Maxis, this is about a 40% crop, just using the top portion of the image. There is more of the body below partially covered by OOF grass. I don't mind the OOF grass on the right side as it was part of the owls environment. Once again, thanks for the help!!!!

Maxis Gamez

Good to know David. We need to hang out one of these days!

Fabs Forns

Love your choice of crop and the nits have been mentioned already.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great crop idea and you already got good advice. I'd love to see this species sometime.