Thread: Malachite Kingfisher

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Malachite Kingfisher

I have been chasing this little bird around for months. Whenever we decided to go somewhere i made sure that there was a malachite in the area. These little guys just refused to give me a decent shot, they always stayed out of range teasing me.

Well finally after many months and frustrating hours i finally got some decent shots.

I am not sure about the BG, bit too busy with a bit too many light spots. I have others of this little guy with a nice clean bg (over water) but somehow the colours here just make me like this one more.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

EXIF :

f8
    1/400
    ISO 200
    Av mode
    Tripod mounted
    EV +.3
    Focal length 400mm

Lance Peters

colours and details are gorgeous = would try and lighten the eye area a little, BG is a little distracting but it is what it is - might just try and tone down some of the brighter spots.
    Keep them coming :)

Alfred Forns

Congrats on getting your bird Andre

Just tone down the bg a bit, will be fine. Would have like if the one leaf was not intercepting the beak but probably no time for a moving. Gorgeous bird !!!

Gus Cobos

Hi Andre,
    Congratulations on a very fine capture...The bird is beautiful, The color rendition is super, followed by fine details, agree with Mr. Peters and Mr. Forns on the techs...well done Sir. Looking forward to more...:cool:

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Andre. I too agree with Lance and Alfred's assessment. Great pose and details. The colors of the BG complement the kingfisher very well. Good job!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you very much guys for taking the time to view and comment. I will make all the necessary adjustments.