Thread: Golden crowned kinglet male displaying

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden crowned kinglet male displaying

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at our cabin near St. John's Newfoundland. Sony a700, 70-400 zoom at 400, 1/125, f 6.3. I tried cloning out the upper branch but my cloning skills aren't good enough yet to clone out the branch without resulting in a very blotchy background so in the end I liked it better with the branch than without because of the way the upper branch helps frame the bird.

Gene
    Last edited by Gene Herzberg; 04-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.

KurtPreston

The upper branch doesn't bother me because of the posture of the bird, love that orange crest!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely sharpness and love that crown! What a colour. Well done Gene.

Ákos Lumnitzer

You can do the cloning, but it will be fiddly. I am not bothered by the natural surrounds as it is such a stunning bird. Great head angle too!

Gus Cobos

Hi Gene,
    I like it as presented, you have sharp details, a good head angle with a clear sharp eye and I like the low, side pose on your subject...well done...:cool:

Gail Spitler

Gene - great capture; even just seeing a displaying male GCKI up close is a rarity. The bird and perch are very sharp, so I'd be tempted to try to clone away the other branch when PS skills allow; it's oof-ness is distracting from the spectacular main subject.
    Well done
    Cheers
    Gail

Alfred Forns

Will work with or without the branch Gene It is a lovely image. Would suggest to desaturate the red channel some, reds usually overcook all on their own !!! .... a little fill flash would have given a catch light which makes the eye livelier

Lance Peters

HI Gene - Gorgeous Bird and that crest - good details - head angle is good - congrats - I like it.

Would add some S/H and a touch of sharpening to the eye - think it will give it that little bit of lift that it needs.