Thread: Your opinion please....

José Rodríguez

Default Your opinion please....

As we're in SOC assignment, I was thinking about the way you experimented photographers use to process your raws. As you know I'm a beginer, and selftaught, so I have been developing my own ways to do it, and sometimes I'm not sure about what I'm doing. I mean, are allowed processings as this one?. Or are them ethically incorrect, as I am changing a part of the BG? Wich are the usual boundaries?

This one taken this morning and edited with capture NX 1.3

Cámara: Nikon D300
    Exposición: 0,001 sec (1/1000)
    Aperture: f/7.1
    Lente: 400 mm
    Lente: 403.2 mm
    Velocidad ISO: 200
    Tendencia de exposición: 0 EV
    Flash: No Flash

José Rodríguez

Attached Images Attached Images

As it was SOC

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jose your second post is appropriate for Straight Out of the Camera that is our assignment right now. I like your composition and sharpness. Judging by your image I think you could have added more exposure but I will let the more experienced people chime in.

Gus Cobos

Hi Jose,
    Right now we are posting straight out of the camera, untouched from RAW to JEPG format only...so the second image is the one thats needed for now...:D:cool:

José Rodríguez

Sorry, this didn´t pretend to be a SOC assignment post. Now I would like to delete it, so any moderator please help me!

Gus Cobos

Jose,
    Just let it be...it's fine...you gave us the before and the after look...:D:):cool:

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jose, I would leave it as is, we can all learn from it. Just think of it as After and Before! I was thinking instead of exposure comp (+), maybe some fill flash.

Alfred Forns

No need to delete the first one Jose Sure like seeing the comparison.

You won't find any specific suggestions as to how far to go with an image. In this case I think the bg was added and is not what was in the original photograph, enhancing is one thing but creating an entire bg is another. Again I don't see anything wrong as long as it is disclosed.... and btw you did a great job with it !!!

... might also look at the histogram, the raw seems a little under !!

Lance Peters

HI Jose - agree with the commenst above - your RAW looks a little under exposed - do you have your over exposure blinkies turned on??? and do you confirm your exposure with the histogram??

I am with AL on the BG issue - personally I do not replace entire backgrounds, I try to get as much right in camera as I can and try to limit any PP work to sharpening/levels/contrast.
    Dont have any problem with replacing the BG but like AL says as long as there is full disclosure.

Keep em coming :)