Thread: View from my dock

Zenon Char

Default View from my dock

Had a nice mist one morning at the cottage. Not sure if I pushed the sharpening if the trees a little to much.

Robert Amoruso

Zenon,

Good looking composition and reflection. I like the open expanse but will be interested in how others feel as I am manyh times in the minority in this regard. John Shaw has said that reflection images like this can work well with the horizon in the middle as you have done and I think it work here.

Tree sharpness looks OK to me.

Zenon Char

I did not really follow the basic rules on this one. I think the mist and reflection does balance it out. Thanks for the feedback.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Zenon,
    I think this one works on the central horizon line for a # of reasons. First....the placement of the island.....it is basically on the horizontal ROT position and the smaller one right addbs both depth and scale. The2nd and probably most important reason....is the reflection isn't a perfect mirror. It too has depth and dimension with the fog and the ripples at the bottom add another texture to the sky reflection.
    This is nicely composed!

Zenon Char

Thanks. It is one of my favorite landscapes.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great picture. Very relaxing mood. Colors, reflexions and the simplicity of the composition are well balanced.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Terrific image! The composition works like a charm. I do think the sharpening on the trees is just a tad strong. Other than that, the only change I would consider is a little brightening of the sunlight striking the island. Something like this:

Zenon Char

Thanks for the suggestions.

Paul Marcellini

David, great job on all the animations you post. This is a great image. The distant island is a perfect complement too. Very well done.

Zenon Char

Yes the animation is cool. Thanks for the comment Paul.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Zenon, I really like this image as presented. You have captured the essence of lake country in the north woods.