Thread: Harbor Seal

Alfred Forns

Default Harbor Seal

Attached Images Attached Images

From the recent trip to San Diego Took time of the birds and went over to the seals Fun to watch and photograph For this on I tried to use a slower shutter speed to give the water a different feel

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Nikon D300
    200-400 VR
    f 13 1/30 sec
    ISO 200
    Av + 1.0

soleynicola

Love the quality and smoothness of the ocean wave/spray, it has motion ,so very natural and well frozen..And of course the little Seal..she/he look so unaware... beautiful natural shot.. ! And cute.

N :)

Georgina Salup

I love it, Alfred! These guys are super cute. Very nice the effect the low shutter speed gives to the water.

David Steele

Way to go Alfred!

Fabs Forns

Love it, I will post one soon :)

Vincent Grafhorst

Very nice Alfred, I really like the soft texture of the water and how this influences the atmosphere of this image in a positive way. Obviously the difficulty with a SS like this is to get the seal sharp, which by the looks of it you managed very well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nicely done Alfred. I wonder what it would look like with the seal a little more to the right for compositional purposes. On the other hand you would then loose the effect of the smooth sea. In any case well done!

Jasper Doest

I've been trying for years to get a shot like this...but the seals at our side of the pond never seem to sit still..... I love it!