Thread: Simply 21 mp =)

Paul Marcellini

Default Simply 21 mp =)

Attached Images Attached Images

My new toy got in Sat and I couldn't wait to get out of work and go shoot. Of course the clouds dissipated for sunset, but then a haze seemed to catch the last light. This is a default location but I ended up liking this one and the smooth gradient of the water. Can't wait to try this bad boy out on some detail rich scenes. I did shoot some stuff just to see, and man the resolution gain is nice.

5d2, tamron 28-75@75 f20 13s iso100

Axel Hildebrandt

Great mood, composition, light and colors. It looks as if your new toy is doing its job well.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

those trees look suspiciously familar. beautiful colors on a simple scene. congrats on the new toy!! gotta be like a proud papa!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Paul, Congrats on the new toy! This image is superb! Colors and composition-well done!

Robert Amoruso

You right Paul, the camera produces wonderfully rich images. I am enjoying it a lot.

Putting the trees in the center works well. I like including the long gradient of color in the image. I am a fan of doing this but too often see ourselves telling people to cut this, clone that. When it works like this, it is the right choice.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Paul with your new camera, did you get new flip-flops for the occasion.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The image quality looks great and the techs are right on but this image is simply too simple for me. A tigher HORZ with the trees off to one side would have beem my preference.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Paul Marcellini

Attached Images Attached Images

Artie, something like this? I have so many comps on these trees. I even have what you are asking from this night but I think this shot had a nicer sky.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Paul, I like the 2nd one way, way better for lots of reasons; there is more for the eye there.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Paul Marcellini

I totally agree, if the original sees the light of day at the art shows, it will be a big canvas. That's where those simple shots at websize come to life. Also, as a series of simple stuff that complement each other, they all look better.

Maxis Gamez

Hey Paul,

This is simply art at it's best!! Composition works wonderfully. Congratulation with your new toy and as always keep up the good work!!

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Paul,
    Late to the party.....I'm torn.....becuase I feel I would have preferred the trees offset.....over a bit to the right or left..........but I love the gradient and colors of the first more. The second one has the nice offset look....but the simplicity of the colors aren't there....not bad....just different. If i had to choose.....I'd prefer the first....even centered! Have fun with the new toy.....and let me know how the noise works out at the high iso's

Robert Amoruso

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Marcellini View Post
    I totally agree, if the original sees the light of day at the art shows, it will be a big canvas. That's where those simple shots at websize come to life. Also, as a series of simple stuff that complement each other, they all look better.
    And that is exactly the basis for my original critique - see this, drinking it in in large format. I prefer the original post.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Both posts will be nice at any venue Paul. But the 2nd post is killer to me. I am home sick now. Can't figure out how to jet back and forth on the weekends for free.....

Carlos Molina

Hi Paul,

I actually like the simplicity of the first shot.