Thread: Bluebird on New Perch

RR Donavan

Default Bluebird on New Perch

Attached Images Attached Images

As stated before, my daughter's backyard is very shallow due to her wooden fence. This forces me to shoot through the bckdoor as there is no room for a blind. My setup is about about 10 yards form the back door.

While photographing bluebirds one cold cloudy morning, I placed a remote flash outside of the door. This little lady decided to use it as a perch to look for mealworms that I placed near my setup. In this image, she's about 5 feet from me.

C & C welcome.

Roy

1DmkII, 70-200mm @70mm, 1/250, f8, ISO 800, handheld

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

RR
    I really like the shots of the backyard birds on our photographic equipment........always gives me a smile. I like the composition and the look over the shoulder. I think the focus was probably on the back of the bird making the head just a tad less sharpened. You could select just the head and give it an extra boost of USM.

Alfred Forns

Also while you are working on the head might lighten it a tad Love your set up !!!!

......btw what happens if we all show up there to shoot in your backyard:D You do amazing work with those feeders !!!! Big Congrats my friend !!!