Thread: North to mid FL

BPN Viewer
    Jackson, Wyoming and the Outer Banks of North Carolina
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default North to mid FL

I'm hoping that I can get some advice from the FL folks here as to where the activity is in Northern FL come the first week of March. I was down at the Alligator Farm a couple weeks ago and the place was just primarily an evening roost still - though spoonbills and woodstorks were there and a few great egrets were building nests and showing courtship displays.

Are there any other prime locations say, within an hour to an hour and a half from St. Augustine - preferablly a place that I dont have to pay $20 to get into?

thanks,
    Jared

www.JaredLloydphoto.com
    www.JaredLloydphoto.wordpress.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You should be able to get to MINWR (Merritt Island National Wildlife Reserve) in an hour and a half. Take I-95 South to Exit 220, Titusville, and then East on Garden St. over the intracoastal. There are two sites just south of there, one west of I-95 off Route 50 and another west a bit more in Christmas, FL. The names escape me now.

The Viera Wetlands is a bit farther south. Exit 191 and then west on Wickham for three miles or so.

The Florida Wildlife & Nature Photography Forum has posted information on many Florida wildlife photography locations along with links to their web sites.

http://flwildlife.proboards56.com/in...=wildlifeareas

Enjoy,
    Jim