Thread: Smokey Mountains II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Smokey Mountains II

Attached Images Attached Images

I had great feed back from you guys on the image that i posted a few days ago, so i decided to share another one and see what your thoughts are about this one.

20D
    F 22
    1/10
    Iso 100
    28mm

All comments are appreciated

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the fog, the colors, and the sweeping curve of the fence, Adams. I think I would prefer that the fence continued in the frame farther to the right almost to the corner, but the image is also striking as is.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love it. Looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've been on it countless times.

I think I would makes a levels adjustment and apply it to just the lower left corner with a soft brush. Something like this (bottom):

(I'm not suggesting this crop, of course.)
    Last edited by David Thomasson; 02-24-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Adams,
    Wow...a couple of days in a row! I think both Steve and David gave some excellent advice. A crop around the center of the right evergreens would further emphasize the curve and as David showed.....just a hair more light into the corner....would further strenghten this. You captured the mood and depth of layers in this image very well. Nicely done!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the tones and mood you've captured here with the fog. I like Roman's level adjustment. I'm not too fond of the partial left turn arrow and yellow stripes in the lower lefthand corner, but you can't move those... lol. Maybe slightly moving your position would have changed the framing so they aren't in the image? Nice image regardless... hope to see more!

Robert Amoruso

Adams,

Since the road is going to be in the image, use it. Including the whole curve and having it enter from the right corner would have been the preferred framing IMO.

I suggest a LCE using USM on BG copy at 20/50/0, then a Shadows/Highlights to open up the shadows. LCE will make it pop more.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Blumenkamp View Post
    I'm not too fond of the partial left turn arrow and yellow stripes in the lower lefthand corner, but you can't move those... lol.
    Why not?