Thread: My Favorite Rail..

David Roach

Default My Favorite Rail..

Attached Images Attached Images

A few weeks back at Green Cay, the Sora's were suddenly not so shy along the backside of the boardwalk. There were 4 right out in the open; a very rare occurance. They were fairly far from the boardwalk, though. So, I slapped on the 2xtc and went to work. I just love their plumage colors and pattern. While it would have been nice to get lower (no choice shooting from boardwalk) the down angle did afford a view of the plumage all the way down the back. 1dmkiin 400do 2xtc ISO ISO 800 F11@1/332

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Granted David that it wasn't possible to get a lower perspective but a profile capture I think would have made a more pleasing composition. As it is, the head-on capture from an elevated perspective has foreshortened the Rail's body.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great find, too bad you couldn't get lower. I might try a vertical crop and selectively sharpen the eye.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It sure is great to get a crack at one of these in the open. I don't mind the high angle as much as the red in the upper right. A nice even flow of duckweed all around would have been great. Not a lot you could have done about it though.