Thread: Woody

Bill McCrystyn

Default Woody

Attached Images Attached Images

20D 100-400L IS @ EFL640mm ISO400 F/8 1/400

All critiques welcome Thank you.

Judy Lynn Malloch

A beautiful species to phtograph and I would love to see one some day.
    Good detail in the blacks and red but the whites look a little hot . If it had been possible to move back a little the angle would not have been quite so steep. Hey but not always easy to do. The bird is centered and it is preferrable to have more room on the left to allow it to fly out and more space at the bottom would have balanced this image better. I am not sure what is going on with the BG. IWhat was behind? There is also some noise so some NR is needed . You were fortunate to see this beauty and I will look forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing Bill

Bill McCrystyn

Thanks Judy, you are right on all counts. I will go back in and work it. The only thing I don't think I could change is that bright breast and the angle of course. The sun was directly on it. The background was mostly sky with low OOF branches 30 ft or so back. I will recompose and run NR and resubmit.

I thought these guys were in your neck of the woods, no? Their colors are vivid.
    Thanks for the critique!

Alfred Forns

Bill Fully agree with Judy Regarding the whites would try making a duplicate layer and multiplying You should have detail and be able to bring it out !!!!

Bill McCrystyn

I'm on it like a bird dog in the brush. :) How's that for Arkie? I have no clue what you mean by "multiplying" but will isolate and tone it down as best I can. Thanks you guys.

BPN Viewer
    I livein Coupeville, WA on beautiful Whidbey Island.
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like these birds and this is a nice image. Nits noted.