Thread: Red Rock Coulee

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Rock Coulee

thanks for looking

Robert Amoruso

Darren,

You did well framing this with the large FG rock cropped in a good place the smaller one at right balancing the larger one. The BG suits the FG interest. I only wonder that if going higher (if possible) would have gotten the horizon cutting the rock, above the rock. Better, worse, just something to think about.

I like the soft, subtle look to the sky.

Please post the technical details including equipment and exposure as that hlpes us to understand what was involved in creating the image. Also, if you don't mind, let us know where this is.

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Robert Amoruso; 02-06-2009 at 12:54 PM.

JB Ellis

Beautiful colors and I really like the composition. IMHO, I kind of like the rock cutting the horizon. My one suggestion would be to level the horizon.

Robert Amoruso

Quote Originally Posted by JB Ellis View Post
    Beautiful colors and I really like the composition. IMHO, I kind of like the rock cutting the horizon. My one suggestion would be to level the horizon.

Thanks JB.

I should have been clear. I like it as presented, just musing that other view points should be investigated. My original critique modified to clarify that.

José Rodríguez

I like the colors and composition (HDR?). As a suggestion, I would increase contrast a tad....

joel quenneville

I love the contrast between the reddish rocks and the blueish snow and sky. You did a very good job composing this one. I believe that the power of the FG comes from the two curving diagonals that meet at one of the "thirds" intersections. The viewers eye naturally follows the curve in the grain of the large rock to its intersection with the line that can be traced through the smaller rocks. Including the smallest rock on the left is big plus and the sidelighting works very well here. Congratulations.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Darren,
    I do like the dramatic lighting in this one and I also like the subtleness of the sky. Originally I was thinking /debating the cut of the dominant focal point.......and while this may not have some of the instant impact that other landscapes may have........I find something very pleasing about this image and it's balance in tones and textures. Nicely done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful colours and compostion Darren. Thought it looks like an HDR too. Think it would make a stunning print.