Blog Entries

Default Daffodils

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 5D
    100 mm Macro
    ISO 100
    1/13 sec. at f/5.6
    Tripod w/ timer

I wanted to blur out BG and make second flower OOF .However the leaf on LR is not completely visible. Is that acceptable or should I try to clone in the bottom? I figured before I do any work on this I should find out what others feel.:p

Ed Vatza

Quote Originally Posted by denise ippolito View Post
    I wanted to blur out BG and make second flower OOF .
    This part worked well, Denise. I think the composition is simple and elegant. The background looks great and the second oof flower adds a nice touch. I do carry over one of the comments from your previous daffodil image and that is that somehow I would like to see more light on/in the center of the flower.

Quote Originally Posted by denise ippolito View Post
    However the leaf on LR is not completely visible. Is that acceptable or should I try to clone in the bottom?
    It is distracting from the image as a whole. I dunno. I would probably try to clone out the top rather than clone in the bottom but that's just me. Let's see what others have to say.

Julie Kenward

Me? I'd clone out the whole leaf on the right - it isn't adding anything to the composition and won't be missed if it weren't there. I always think simpler is better.

The flowers themselves are lovely, Denise. I like the comp here but also would like to see one with just a little bit more separation between the two - maybe another stop to the right so they cut across the frame a bit more?

Nicely lit and lovely softness to the image. You are really making me wish for spring!

Gus Cobos

Hi Lady Denise,
    I like your image and composition. I too would clone out the oof leaf in the background...good show...:cool:

Mike Moats

Hey Denise, I like the idea, but agree with Jules on a little seperation between the two, a little tight for me. Agree also on cloning out the petal on the right.