Thread: Mid -February trip to FLA

AJ Kunkel

Default Mid -February trip to FLA

I will be heading to the Daytona Beach area at this time. I have ordered the Meritt Island site guide (I was there last year, but wanted to see what more the guide could offer). I was thinking about heading to the St Augistine Alligator Farm as well.

Will these be good areas to visit at this time and are there any other recommendations?

Judd Patterson

If you are going to be at Merritt Island NWR, then I might suggest Gatorland over the Alligator Farm...it'll save you several hundred miles roundtrip and from what I can tell the opportunities aren't drastically different during breeding season. Viera Wetlands near Melbourne, FL is also a pretty easy drive from Orlando. Enjoy your trip! You'll find birds everywhere! :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Kunkel View Post
    I will be heading to the Daytona Beach area at this time. I have ordered the Meritt Island site guide (I was there last year, but wanted to see what more the guide could offer). I was thinking about heading to the St Augistine Alligator Farm as well.

Will these be good areas to visit at this time and are there any other recommendations?
    I second Judd's suggestion for Gatorland--especially in February. Mike Godwin has made the place incredibly friendly to photographers. It is also really convenient if you are flying into Orlando--You could easily shoot the morning and catch an early afternoon flight....

AJ Kunkel

Dang.....I may have to do both:)
    My wife has told me we MUST see St Augustine this year.