Thread: Desire #1

Ed Vatza

Default Desire #1

Attached Images Attached Images

Now for something completely different...

Along with the Pink Gerbera, I also brought home a vibrant orange rose - orange on the inside of the petals and yellow on the outside. Orange roses signify "desire". As I studied this flower, I just kept seeing abstract compositions. So that's the direction that I pursued. Orange, by the way, is my favorite color.

Canon 30D w/ remote shutter release; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430EX Flash w/LumiQuest Lightbox mounted on a flexible bracket; 60W incandescent lamp; Velbon Ultra-Luxis tripod.

1/4 sec @ f/5.6; ISO 200; +2 EV; AWB; FEC -1

Mike Moats

Hey Ed, I like the nice soft look. great color and like the slight highlight on the focused petal.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Ed, The colors are gorgeous! I love the focused section alot and would prob. crop out the OOF front area if it were mine, that said it is yours and you have a diff. take on things and I respect that so- Well done!! The color rocks!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great composition & colors and absolutely love the lighting.

PS: I like very much the quote in your signature (Shakespeare is indeed immortal)
    Last edited by Bogdan Coltea; 01-06-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ed, nothing to add to the above expect that it shows that orange is your favorite color. Great work!

Julie Kenward

The colors ARE gorgeous but the shadows and light are what makes this one so special. I love the play of the light between the petals - it's perfect! Nice, soft silhouette and the oranges are dreamy and smooth. I think you've got just enough DOF to keep the eye coming back for more.

Ed Vatza

Thanks folks. I appreciate all the critiques. I am get more comfortable with abstract images but it is good to hear that they are working for other folks as well. This is definitely a favorite of mine. Maybe because of the orange :D or maybe because it has a certain ethereal quality. I particularly like the way the petals fade away from the in-focus petal in almost wispy fashion.

Again thank you all.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love it, I just saw it and didnīt want to let the chance to comment on how much I like it, colors, detail, softness, mood, all is very very nice! Congratulations!