Thread: Alfreds Ipod pose

Roman Kurywczak

Default Alfreds Ipod pose

Attached Images Attached Images

Had the great opportunity yesterday to go out with the Forn's to Wako. The bonus was that I also got to meet fellow BPN'ers Harold and Lance.

Al named this move the Ipod.........appears to be a mating display. The light was starting to get harsh but I do hope to get a few more opportunities with this behavior and a slightly better angle.

Canon 1DMark 3 with the Sigma 300-800mm lens and the 1.4 tele at 1120mm at f 10 for 1/3200 sec and ISO 800. PP'ing included slight crop (about 80% FF)....and unwanted digital branch removal below bird....even though Fabs told me I wouldn't get in trouble with a busy BG....I had to!

As always....comments welcomed and appreciated.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good detail in the blacks with an interesting pose!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great detail and great pose, love ghe colors and BG! I envy that you can go out with the Forns!! They are the best!!! Congratulations!

Ps: What can you tell me about the Sigma 300-800mm regarding sharpness, focus speed, etc?

Roman Kurywczak

Ps: What can you tell me about the Sigma 300-800mm regarding sharpness, focus speed, etc?[/quote]
    Hey Ramon,
    I have had no sharpness issues with the lens.......and I have blown them up quite large. before i bought the lens 3 years ago.........I tested it against a 600mm f4 prime. It was a bit faster at focus (no surprise).....but it wasn't that far off and I absolutely love the zoom capability. I use this lens all the time......and am very happy with it's performance.

Axel Hildebrandt

Cool pose, details and exposure control. Have fun down there!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

love the pose, roman!! i gotta try that one with a slow shutter and see what happens. might be interesting!