Thread: Another Love Image

bill kominsky

Default Another Love Image

Attached Images Attached Images

I do not know what happened for I know the new thread went through but now do not see it. This image is next to the last in this series and would like to thank everyone for putting up with me, I'm just so fascinated every time I see these love rituals, but try my best to post something a little different.
    Taken at the Wakohadchee Wetlands with a Canon MK-II at ISO = 400
    f/7.1 1/250th. of a sec. with a + 1.0 Ec. and a 400-MM-L lens.
    Thanking everyone who comment and visit all very much appreciated.

Bill

Axel Hildebrandt

Great interaction and details. It would have been even better if you would have been further to your left. I find the BG a bit distracting, particularly the horizontal 'thing'.

bill kominsky

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Great interaction and details. It would have been even better if you would have been further to your left. I find the BG a bit distracting, particularly the horizontal 'thing'.
    Thank you so much Axel for the comment and from you it is always welcome.
    That horizontal thing runs the length and breath of the wetlands, and could not go far enough to the left withour degrading the image position of either bird, thank you for the comment it is always welcome, besides it was not only the interaction but that burst of feather detail on the male, so proud he was of his display.

Bill
    Last edited by bill kominsky; 12-18-2008 at 09:43 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Timming was great, love the feathers and colours, agree about the horizontal thing in the BG and would have loved a better profile angle of this situation, still you did great with what you had in hand! Congratuaitons!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill
    The mating rituals are always an interesting thing to watch. I've been to Wako so I know that you probably did the best that you could with the BG. Love the interaction. Maybe if you come upon this again you can use a longer lens, TC, or get closer and zero in on the upper bodies.....could be a very intimate image.