Thread: Shadows on Road

ChasMcRae

Default Shadows on Road

Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure if this fits landscapes in the usual term, but it caught my eye. One of the most unusual fences I have seen surrounded the Prairie Dog colony in Wichita NWR,Ok. and created these shadows in early morning.

Chas.

amera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II
    Camera serial number: 0000241625
    Firmware: Firmware Version 1.2.6
    Date/Time: 2008:11:06 10:12:28
    Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
    Aperture: 8
    Exposure mode: Av
    Exposure compensation: -1/3
    Flash: Off
    Metering mode: Evaluative
    Drive mode: Continuous
    ISO: 400
    Lens: 600mm
    Focal length: 840mm
    AF mode: One-shot AF
    Image size: 3504 x 2336
    Image quality: Raw
    White balance: Auto
    Color matrix 4: Adobe RGB
    Color space: AdobeRGB
    Saturation: Normal
    Contrast: 0
    Custom Functions:
    Default settings

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Chas,
    I find this interesting and you composed very well with nice seperation between the shadow areas. I would recommend cropping out the bright curved area off the top (doesn't clip the top shadow)........and maybe a bit off the bottom......just above your signature........to further strenghten the comp. There is a rock about 2/3 of the way up the right side.......my choice is the crop......to get rid of it.......but cloning/healing brush..........to get rid of it.......wouldn't hurt either........if you aren't against such things. I am still debating the tire tracks....as part of me likes it and another part wants you to smooth them out. We'll see what others chime in. Nicely seen!

Robert Amoruso

Nice job seeing this image Chuck. I agree that a tighter crop would accentuate the pattern more. I vote for cloning out the tire tracks.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know the shadow pattern looks like race flags and the tire tracks help w/ that feel

ChasMcRae

I looked at the tire tracks and afraid that big clone or patch might stick out like a sore thumb in my hands so let it stay ,since I acknowledged ground as a road. I did mean to get rid of the rock.
    Thanks for comments.

Chas.

Robert Amoruso

Quote Originally Posted by charles mcrae View Post
    I looked at the tire tracks and afraid that big clone or patch might stick out like a sore thumb in my hands so let it stay ,since I acknowledged ground as a road. I did mean to get rid of the rock.
    Thanks for comments.

Chas.
    I am cool with that. Still a great job seeing the pattern here and capturing it. I did not notice it when I was there.