Thread: Snow Geese ...at slow speed!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snow Geese ...at slow speed!

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at Réservoir Beaudette in Victoriaville, Québec.

What do you think of it? Original or not? Good or thrash? Winner or looser?

Alfred Forns

Hi Yves I like what you are doing here For this type images there are no rules but some things seem to work better than others

This would have worked great with a goose in the center of the image and as in any other having some kind of balance in the mix I like the wing action and bg Would go after more of these type You will come up with a winner !!!! Would also go a littler lighter on this one !!!

Glenn Ehmke

I Like it a lot. I agree about going a bit lighter though. What shutter did you use? Looks 1/30th or even less.................

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Love the effect here but agree with Alfred that a better arrangement of birds would have helped.
    There is definitely an element of luck with this kind of shot.

I would suggest boosting the contrast quite a bit (seems to work well with most blurs in my limited experience), increasing the saturation, running some noise reduction, and lightening it up a bit. You may or may not like the results (in general, blurs seem to be extremely subjective), but here's my very quick and dirty crack at it :
    Last edited by Mike Milicia; 01-15-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Fabs Forns

Hi Yves,

Nice blur, don't forget to add your techs next time.
    I like what Mike did lightening the image, I would also go in Hue/Saturation and decrease the blues.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks to all for your positive comments! I also tried to increase contrast : I somewhat like the result but I prefer the soft pastel like texture that is present in the picture.

The exifs are (sorry not to have put them!) : 1/6s f/5.6 iso400 with a manual focus lens (600 mm).

Robert Amoruso

I look at this image, figured out what I would recommend and then read the posts and they covered it all.