Thread: Red Fox

Ivan Rothman

Default Red Fox

Attached Images Attached Images

Yellowstone National Park
    Nikon D2X, 200-400mm f4 @ 340mm, f6.7, 1/1250, ISO 200

DanWalters

Really like the sense of movement in this shot. Would like to see a little more space in front of the fox.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Being that Yellowstone is my backyard may I ask where in the park did you capture this image? Some nice action portrayed in this image. Great exposure and detail in the fur. I might like a bit more room in front of the fox for him to move into. Wish the eye was open as well. Thanks for sharing...

Ivan Rothman

Robert,
    I don't recall exact location, but I believe it was not far from Norris Geyser Basin. Month was February.
    This was an extremely cooperative fellow, and he stopped, posed perfectly with head turned towards us and eye wide open. But I chose to post this photo instead because I like the sense of movement even more than the classical portrait look. And I agree that a little more room in front would be nice.

Jasper Doest

What a lovely specimen! This image has a great sense of speed.....and it would work even better with more space on the left to walk into. However, you cropped it to a slight vertical which also works really well. Good thinking!