Thread: Anyond using a Cintiq tablet?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anyond using a Cintiq tablet?

Especially with a laptop? Care to share any tips, hints or programming options?

I've been using a big Wacom Tablet for a while now on the desktop, but just got a Cintiq 12WX to use with my MacBook Pro.

For the most part, I plan to play with it and then program it based on what I end up reaching for keyboard to accomplish. I've already moved the CMD button and changed one of the scrolls bars to brush size.

Since on a MAC the menu bar stays on the "main" monitor rather than with the program, for now I have the Cintiq set to be the main monitor when it is attached. That way I don't have to switch to get to the menu items I use.

Any other hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jim

Alfred Forns

HI Jim Fabs had the large will get her to give some comments

Fabs Forns

Jim, it is a great tool if you use it.
    I sold mine because I never had the time or desire to get much out of it, but I'm sure it's me, don't even use the tablet I have :o

Now I have a 30 inch Apple Cinema and love it, didn't install the tablet yet...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh I really like my Apple displays on my desktop, but I think the Cintiq will be good for on the road work and days when I don't want to go down to the basement office.

Fabs Forns

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Poor View Post
    Oh I really like my Apple displays on my desktop, but I think the Cintiq will be good for on the road work and days when I don't want to go down to the basement office.
    Will you be taking you CInquit on the road? :eek:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think so. Since it is the small one. I won't be taking it every where, but for example I'll take it to the Base Camp with Moose Peterson for a week.

Fabs Forns

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Poor View Post
    I think so. Since it is the small one. I won't be taking it every where, but for example I'll take it to the Base Camp with Moose Peterson for a week.
    Your'e a better man than me :p:D