Thread: Badger

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Badger

Attached Images Attached Images

I made this image of a Badger last month while in Bosque. I chose to post this clipped version to show off the Badger's amazing claws. This is the only time I have seen a Badger in the wild.

Bosque Del Apache, NM - 1D3, 500mm, hand held, 1/1000, F11, ISO 1000, manual exposure
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Awesome image Jim and excellent detail. What a thrill it must have been to see this in the wild. We looked and looked after you left but no luck !!!!

Alfred Forns

Leave it up to you to find a badger at Bosque !!!!! Do like the crop idea to showcase the claws !!! Big Congrats !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A good crop here. Any farther back and it would begin to look awkward. Well done Jim..
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 12-31-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Fabs Forns

And I didn't even know there were Badgers in this world :)

A vey good looking one at that.
    Good choice of crop.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have never seen one in the wild and those claws remind me of a bears. I don't mind the crop as you said it focuses attention on the claws

Jasper Doest

Neat shot Jim....I love the fur detail here! The claws look enormous and you did well emphasizing that. IMO this would be slightly better with some more space in front of the badger and with a slightly lower angle.....just a minor thing though.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot, Jim. Didn't know these guys were at Bosque.

jn

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kill me why don't you? Thirteen Novembers at Bosque and I have seen this animal once for a total of six seconds (as it was running away). The patterns in the fur are specacular.

Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Judd Patterson

Jim, this shows the claws better than any image that I can remember. Excellent job and what a treat to see this great mammal!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice sharpness and color. I think I would prefer to see the whole animal. Given the size of the claws, I think they would still stand out even if reproduced smaller. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn Wheeler

Great shot Jim. I like the crop too.

I heard you had photographed this guy, but this is the first time I have seen the image. Very nice.

Jacqui Hendry

So good to see a close up photograph

with such wonderful markings in the Badgers fur unfortunately I have only been able to photograph a captive bred one before, although I do know that they are nearby where I live as I found a dead one last summer

Jacqui