Thread: It has been a pleasure!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default It has been a pleasure!

Attached Images Attached Images

Well friends, it is time for me to say goodbye to Florida and its wonderfull birds, I have enjoyed every minute, I've met some great people such as Fabs and Alfred Forns, Arthur Morris, and MichaelStern by phone, with whom I have had a great time photographing birds of all kinds! I am leaving to Dominican Republic and from there to my beloved home in Argentina, so I will still be in touch from there, but I didn't want to miss the oportunity to thank you all for everything you have donde for me, not only your comments on my work but for your tips and advice of where to go, etc.
    I hope to be here in winter :)
    Here's a picture of an Anhinga taken at the Indian Lake Estates with Arthur (Thak you Arthur for all you have done!! Enjoy!!

40D
    500mm 4L IS USM
    Tv 1/1000
    Av 7.1
    ISO 400
    Exp Comp +2/3
    Last edited by Ramon M. Casares; 08-05-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ramón, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in Florida! that's great.
    Great image of this beautiful bird, very nice pose and superb BG.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's a great composition with nice background. The lighting looks to be on your side and has helped you get that nice details in the bird. The copyright text you have put takes away the beauty of this image.

Jasper Doest

have a good time there down south....and don't be a stranger. Regarding the photograph, i love the way you framed this....and the way the length of the neck is emphasized. Very nice!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful capture!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like this one Ramon! The composition is perfect. Glad you had a good time in the states!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Axel Hildebrandt

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I like the pose in this one and might add a tad more room right and top.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Overall it's pretty cool! I do wish the two blue "see-throughs" in LRC weren't there. Actually, and this is a personal preference, I think the whole bottom third is sort of on the heavy side considering the top is so open and fluid. I still like it though, the head turn is great :-)

Here is a crop I had in mind...you can feel free to disagree, but this is how I envision your image (or along those lines):

Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 08-06-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Sorry we were not able to make contact Ramon but will look forward to your return this winter. Give your wonderful country big saludos for me. I truly loved my three years there and hope to return one day. Great capture by the way Ramon !!!! Do keep in touch and travel well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I thought that I recognized that bird! I actually like the ORIG post better and do not mind the blue see-throughs. Thanks though Daniel for the repost. Have a great trip to the DR and get home safely.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Maxis Gamez

Very nice having you Ramon! Have a safe trip!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi all! Sorry I didn't replay sooner but in Dominicana I don't have mucvh internet access, thnak you all for your comments and greetings!!! As soon as I can can I'll start posting again!!