Thread: Nubble Waves

Roman Kurywczak

Default Nubble Waves

Attached Images Attached Images

I have always wanted to take long exposures during the day.......the Singh-Ray Vari ND filter has allowed me to do just this. I'm posting this one because of the wires leading to the lighthouse..........I don't mind them (even though I wish they were never there) as one is to the cart that gets back and forth to the island.......I feel they act as a leaing line back in to the frame and the lighthouse and i wouldn't digitally erase them.......as I am so used to seeing them........but wanted other opinions. BTW.......I do have others without as much of the lines and will post them later.
    Mark 3 and the 28-135mm lens at 38mm at ISO 100 and f22 for 30 seconds. 3 stop grad ND filter also used.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow. Reminds me of a Edward Hopper painting...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

just goes to prove we dont live in a perfect world!!!! i love your use of the 3-stop!! sweet water!!! awesome light!! powerlines are definitely not distracting, but..............:D even with the lines, this is one of my favorites!!

Robert Amoruso

Killer image Roman. I have order my SR Vari-ND filter already.

I am OK with the wires. The composition is great - from the FG gray rocks to the low light on lighthouse. Wonderful detail and tonality.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice vision here. I enjoy the cool, uninviting rocks and water in the foreground, with the warm inviting shore and lighthouse in the BG. Subtle reflections in the long exposure waves is a nice bonus. Although I would prefer if the wires were elsewhere, I think I'd leave them here in this view.

I also see other comp potential from this site. Using the same technique and time of day, but cutting out the FG rocks, you'd get just a very warm portrait of the lighthouse (and may use a different angle to minimize the wires). I hope we see more of this gem in this lighting.