Thread: Cape May Warbler

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cape May Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

For about 8 wonderful weeks each year warblers are on territory and singing here in Minnesota including the Cape May. Hope to see one in early June when I get out.

I went down to the Texas Gulf for 10 days this April and this one was flying around some wildflowers in Port Aransas.

Nikon Z9, Nikkor Z 600mm f4/TC VR S, 840mm, 1/1250, f/5.6, ISO 500.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Love the bird and most of the original post. The sharpness on the face is astounding. Was that a dead leaf on its left middle toe, the light grey thing? I did not that or the white halo bottom center or the white fluff on the perch. At the very least, a crop from the bottom would eliminate most of that. As I have been on the phone for almost six hours trying to get get blog post notifications done, I did an extensive repost -- added canvas left and above, cropped from the bottom, eliminated the dead leaf, rebuilt the middle toe on the near foot using a selection of the middle toe on the far foot. Eliminated what looked like a spider web, but left the spider. Lastly, lightened the face.

With love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie, thanks for the feedback. Couldn't tell if it was a dead leaf or not - will have to look closer. Appreciate the crop suggestion too. Thanks for the tweeks.

Take care,
    Paul

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You are most welcome, Paul. My pleasure. I amazed myself with the Foot Doctor work.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.