Thread: Warbling Vireo In The Crabapple Blossoms.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Warbling Vireo In The Crabapple Blossoms.

Attached Images Attached Images

Even the "drab" birds look great in these flowering trees. These flowers only last a couple of weeks, so one has to make it a point to go there before missing out for another year! This Warbling Vireo responded almost immediately to audio and posed exactly where I wanted it too on this branch that was sticking out near the bottom of the tree.
    Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO3200, natural light, handheld, full-frame. A few specks removed from the leaves, and clean up of the eye.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Loverly image with great composition, for my taste though a little too high key in presentation.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan ... lovely shot and the blossom framed subject with its singing pose is really cool .
    Framing and comp spot on , as are the overall tones and colors ... some might think ( specially lately ) this is overwhelming or too much , or whatever one wants to call it ???? Do not want to go deeper into the weeds .
    Just think it is down to the artist and the viewer to decide which is attractive ... that might differ widely .
    Ok the colors are a bit on the " Barbie side " .... but hey I think you like it that way .

Super shot Dan

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bright color fanboy posse has arrived. LET'S GO DANIEL!!! hahaha

I loved this the moment I saw it on FB. As beautiful as it gets, highlighting a simple subject among a fantasy land of colorful blossoms.

Wonderful calling pose and I love the gradient of colors behind too, which could get lost among the rest. Is the cyan in the breast true to the field? Only seen a couple here before.

Only suggestions I could make is taking the blues out of the talons. I'd absolutely love this in my files, great work!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A stunner. The soft light and the pinks. Dad I suggest losing the single brown stem that intersects the primaries of the folded wing?

BTW, some sites say that this species has blue-tone legs (that while showing a photo of one with grey legs) :-)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.